17 October 2006

rockstars

I had a strange dream the other day. I was performing in the rock concert circuit with the likes of Chris Martin and Youth Group. We sang a little duet and as I was mingling with the audience afterwards, the main topic of conversation was this huge concert happening the next night in Vegas. This was going to be a massive festival, including superstar, big-name VanWilson, but I wasn't planning on going to it. I was moving throughout the crowd, chatting with friends, when I noticed this guy that was eyeing me from across the room. He was rather tall, with slightly shaggy, unkempt blond hair. His outfit included fitted jeans: worn and torn, a loose, white button-down shirt, and cowboy boots. Not exactly my type. I noticed him, but I kept moving farther and farther away. Then, the next thing I knew, the charming man was standing right next to me, looking at me rather temptingly. I was puzzled. He reached out his hand and said "I'd love to see your lips at the concert tomorrow." Eek. I pulled away, and he started laughing hysterically, head thrown back, foot stomping-- the whole bit. Just as I was about to push away into the crowd, mystified out of my mind, he laid his hand on my shoulder and explained "No, no, no! Not like that!" Then he went on to excuse himself and properly introduce his name to me: VanWilson. Apparently, this celebrity was quite a practical jokester, and wasn't asking me to do shady things with him but was, in actuality, asking me to perform with him in Vegas the next night.

Thank heavens.

No comments: